Octane 5.4 is now available for download
We are excited to announce the availability of Impinj Octane 5.4, firmware that enables Speedway, xArray, and xPortal readers to access LLRP data from RAIN RFID tags. Octane 5.4 firmware is now available for Impinj authorized partners and our customers that have Enhanced Maintenance. All other users should contact the company their reader was purchased from to request firmware updates. In this update, we added functionality to the firmware based on your feedback. Also based on feedback, we graduated the Octane Java SDK from beta status.
Updates in Octane 5.4 include:
- Expanded RAIN RFID tag tracking functionality with Impinj xArray tag direction mode.
- Get entry, update, and exit reports for tags as they move through designated sectors via Octane Java SDK 1.2
- Enhanced security profiles to protect your reader.
- Require readers to authenticate to gain network access using standards based 802.1x.
- Leverage SFTP to protect upgrades by authenticating to a remote server and ensuring secure transport of files.
- Encrypt Customer Application Partition (CAP) files to secure embedded applications.
Authorized partners and Enhanced Maintenance customers can download Octane 5.4 here: https://support.impinj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204383817-Latest-firmware-utilities-and-development-libraries-for-Impinj-readers-and-gateways
For detailed release notes and download instructions for Octane Java SDK 1.20 go to: https://support.impinj.com/hc/en-us/articles/202755268-Octane-SDK#java
Speedway Connect 2.0 is now available for download
Speedway Connect 2.0.1, software that runs on the Impinj Speedway and xPortal readers enabling users to easily set configurations for a single reader and quickly access RAIN RFID data, is now available for download.
Speedway Connect 2.0.1 includes updates designed to make single-reader configuration easier:
- Simplified Speedway Connect web user interface
- Access help options from within the software user interface.
- Options to collapse and expand each section through a single accordion-style page.
- Expanded reader control settings
- Select specific channels for ETSI readers.
- Set initial tag population target.
- Easily switch between Speedway Connect and other reader software.
For instructions on how to download and install Speedway Connect 2.0.1, go to: https://support.impinj.com/hc/en-us/articles/202755278-Speedway-Connect